Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Neglected Member of the Family


Poor Eddie. Two months after Paul and I got married, I came home from work to find Paul walking out of the guest room, followed by the cutest puppy I had ever seen. It was a tiny 8 week old, nine pound Eddie. He quickly became our first baby and we treated him as such. He was loved...well loved. When we lived in DC, Paul would take him on a long adventure walk every afternoon where he would chase birds and deer. Then came the less hairy children, busy schedules and now Eddie is just a big lump of lazy dog.

The kids are starting to really enjoy him and give him love, so much so, that Kailey often wants him to sleep with her during nap time. She likes to make sure he is comfortable. I like to make sure she's not traumatizing him. Last week, I went in to check on them and he was mighty comfy all curled up on her stuffed animal, carefully covered with a blanket. He was so comfortable, that he didn't move when I walked in the first time OR the second time to take the picture.


Eddie, we promise to show you more love.


PS. Many have asked about my sister and her family. They are doing okay and everyone is safe. They lost some rather large trees, but not much damage to their house. Right now, they have evacuated to San Antonio and they are literally living like rock stars. They will likely be out of Houston for a while because of no power for 2-4 weeks! YIKES! They did learn from our mistakes and made sure to clean out their freezer before they left...so, no meat slushy for them!

2 comments:

toosie said...

Makes me sad for Wilma. Eddie doesn't look like he's having such a rough life!

G Toos

The Glover Family said...

I always thought the expression "it's a dogs life" implied some degree of difficulty or discomfort or hardship....guess not! Eddie looks pretty cozy to me!
Super cute picture.