Monday, August 13, 2007

Oh, I went to the animal fair...




The birds and beasts were certainly there! As a kid, we always went to the Medina County Fair which was a real humdinger. It featured tractor pulls, demolition derbies, dunk tanks and my 8th grade favorite, New Kids On the Block. This fair wasn't quite the caliber of my childhood memories, but it did live up to expectations in terms of animals.




However, never, ever did I think a trip to the fair could bring tears of joy to my eyes as this one did. Kailey tends to be a little scared of most things. She always exclaims, "I'm fine, I'm fine" which is code for "Get me the heck out of here." Well, she spotted a real pony carousel and wanted to immediately ride. Paul and I thought for sure, she would get close to the pony, flip out and then want to leave. We were wrong, so wrong. She got on Lumberjack the pony, yelled to all of the other pre-school riders, "Come on Cowboys, Yeehaw!" and had the time of her life. Owen watched her with pure glee and giggled the entire time. Absolutely worth the price of admission!

No comments: